Hello! This week was great and a lot of things happened (contrary to last week) but the mission sent us a HUGE survey to fill out in anticipation of a mission tour that will happen next month. SO, I don't have much time to write. :( I know, you are all so sad that I cannot blab about things for several paragraphs. HOWEVER.
1. Duryea was baptized! We were going to try and do it NEXT week but he just popped out and said he wanted to do it this week so awesome. :) We didn't get to do it in Lake Michigan (silent tragedy here) but we did get to do it at the Green Bay building. That was my first time having to fill up the font. Very exciting. Took us two hours. Regardless, it went well and I am so excited for him. :) He's a lovely kid. We are hopeful that he will be able to serve a mission. President Robertson was already talking to him about it yesterday. One more year! The little Sturgeon Bay branch is so excited--this is the first baptism they've had in 5 years. As Pres. Robertson so eloquently texted us, "Sweet. This is big doins for the 'Sturge."
2. I learned to make breaded chicken.
3. We picked a huge zucchini.
4. We met a woman named Megan who asked for missionaries to meet with her. She is incredible! She is already quite familiar with the church and she loves the people and the lifestyle. :) Before we could invite her to be baptized she was asking US how to join! When we told her she could be ready in a month she was so excited. :D She thought it was a long process! I just feel so happy... to know there are some people who are so utterly prepared by the Lord!
5. We taught a man about the Restoration (for informational purposes... I think because of the election.) He had studied the church before. He kept asking WHAT was it about our church that was so different? What did we contribute to the rest of Christianity? What drove saints to up and leave their homes and travel across the plains? We answered him in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to) that we have the Priesthood, that we have the Book of Mormon, that we have the Plan of Salvation, etc etc and most of all that it is TRUE and that we have the fullness of the gospel. None of these answers seemed to answer his question though, which left me very confused. Because... there are no answers. Maybe from a psychological and theological standpoint, but I am a landscape major. :/ So no good.
6. Uhm... (I just realized I spell "uhm with an H and most people just say "um". Why is that?)
7. Ok, I guess most of the exciting things that happened this week are only significant to me so not quite worth trying to explain. We did make pie though.
It was delicious.
p.s. Mum sent my p90x Dvds. }:-) Starting October we get 1 hour of exercise a day. You know what that means.
p.p.s. Some pictures:
A horrd one of me popping bubble wrap and winking. (Dunno how Sister Jones got that one but I thought it might fill up space on the blog.)
Duryea, President Robertson, Sister Jones and I being awesome at Duryea's baptism. Yay!
Sister Bartell's BEAUTIFUL backyard this morning. Aren't you all jealous and wish you could live there with me? :)