Tuesday, April 21

Prompts 5-8: I do what I want.


Well... okay. Here:

FINALS ARE DONE.
Sooo, I figured I'd do a bit of writing. :) And then I hit a bit of a roadblock.

Post 5: How do you get your kids to try new foods?

I'll just cut to the chase, I don't have kids. 0_o

Post 6: Where would you go on your perfect dream vacation?

Scotland. (Sorry, I don't feel like writing an entire post about this. I'd like to bike around Scotland and do some family history. See some castles. Life is good.)

Post 7: Write a post inspired by this word: Marriage.

I feel like there have been several previous posts and likely will be several future posts about this subject, so rest assured, you'll get your fill in the next few months. ;)

Post 8: What is the most memorable gift you have ever received?

This is a little more interesting. Got me thinking. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about gifts? 

I think of my American Girl Doll. 0_o Did any of you do American Girl? My favorite was Molly. ^_^ Mostly because she had glasses and I loved that. I'm not sure why...

Also, in the books, she desperately wants her hair to curl for a performance and her sister does these cool pin curls but then she gets sick because she's going around with her hair wet and she has to miss the performance anyways.

But while she's home sick and everyone is at the thing, her dad comes home from the war and she's the first who gets to see him. ^_^

I just love her haha, even now as I think about it. Strange, huh?

Anyways, finals are done so I'm on this kind of post-traumatic high. Life feels good! I'm taking my last class next term, hopefully finishing my thesis, taking yoga, and living the good 'ol planning-my-wedding life for the next two months.

In other news, I'm finally going to use the large pinterest board of mac and cheese recipes I've accumulated and make a new kind of mac and cheese every week. I'll report on how they go here. :)
Last Saturday was avocado mac and cheese. Pretty much guacamole mixed with the good stuff. It was freakin amazing. Even Leslie (who looked worriedly at it when I offered some) gave it a try and had two bowls. Lime and cilantro just love cheese, I guess. :)




2 comments:

Jessica Grosland said...

I had an American Girl doll! (And I read all the books. Great series!) My doll was Addy, and her book was the first book to ever make me cry. (I wasn't more than 10 years old at the time.) She was a slave girl who ran away to freedom, and her story was incredible. I still have the doll, to be honest. And like you, I still love the girl after all these years. :)

Tairsa said...

I MUST have this guacamole recipe. That sounds amazing!!!!!!!